The laser operator position safely performs laser cutting and welding for a variety of organizational manufacturing needs.
• Operate the CNC laser cutting machine and other machinery used in the production process, or assist other machine operators.
• Read, interpret, and understand work orders, drawings, and production schedules to determine specifications, such as material to be used, dimensions, and tolerances.
• Select and set up nozzles based on material type and thickness, load programs and set machine parameters to ensure optimal performance of the equipment.
• Review all nests for sheet utilization and accuracy prior to running machine.
• Determine proper arrangement of orders according to production schedules and work orders.
• Verify parts are set to the correct revision level
• Ensure lasers are loaded with correct material
• Set up CNC programs according to work order specifications.
• Perform CNC programming operations.
• Inspect products to ensure that specifications are met and to determine whether machines require adjustment for producing good quality parts.
• Operate machines for test runs to verify adjustments and to obtain product samples.
• Adjust machine controls, such as heating mechanisms, tensions, or speeds, to produce specified products.
• Confer with coworkers to obtain information about orders, processes, or problems.
• Knowledge about shield gases used during laser cutting operation.
• Inspect machinery to determine whether repairs are needed.
• Notify supervisors of mechanical malfunctions.
EDUCATION: HS diploma or equivalent PREFERRED
EXPERIENCE: 1 year of Manufacturing experience
1. Must possess a basic mechanical aptitude and the ability to work well with others in a team environment.
2. Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
3. Strong math skills required.
4. Ability to distinguish material types including Aluminum, Steel & Stainless.
1. Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
2. Prior use of calipers and pin gauges and ability to read tape measure.
3. Prior Mitsubishi laser operator experience, nesting knowledge.
4. Knowledge of G and M codes.
5. Experience using Virtek software.